:: View topic - Some images with fluorescence
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some images with fluorescence

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Some images with fluorescence Reply with quote

I'm not sure what going on here, but it's a lot of fun. Chlorophyll seems to excite above 500nm. I think the exciter filter was a combo of BG12 + KV418. The dichroic beam splitter was 500nm and the barrier was 515nm. The bulb is a 50w HBO.

This is a good example of chlorophyll reacting under fluorescence.

I call this image "Dr Hook". It's a claw or leg from a dead crustacean.

This last one is a Tardigrade that was hidden pretty well in BF.

Thanks
Frez
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Frez, why? Haven't I spent enough money up grading my scope without you guys having to flaunt epi fluorescence and DIC around? Laughing An associate of mine has mentioned a time or two that I should go to fluorescence but I really don't have the cash for another toy. Sad

But hey these are some great photographs, much better than darkfield too. Thanks for show'em off. Very Happy
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
Frez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I already had the scope and the EPI illuminator setup was only $75 on our favorite auction site. It still needs some tweaking and cleaning too. There is no way I'd buy a rig like this new.

That DIC bug bites pretty hard huh? Shocked

Frez
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the DIC bug does bite hard but I will have to resort to the poor mans version by using COL Laughing

Anyway the photo looks great on the front cover Frez, congratulations. It will be interesting to see what else you may light up short of producing an electro-magnetic pulse (EMP). Laughing
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
Frez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ken and thanks to the fine members here and all of the people that support this forum. I got the tote bag and have already put it to good use. It's a great prize that reflects the labors of love that the administrators and owners have for the entire site.

Thanks Again!
Frez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: