:: View topic - Botryococcus, golden algae.
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Botryococcus, golden algae.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jens en Rene,

I have now tried the Zeiss KPL and it does work better. Placing it a bit higher does not make difference, it seems.

I'll let a friend of mine, who is more experienced with optics, take a look at it! I am not very systematic and not very technical.

I have now used DIC with the digital camera and the result looks better than when I photograph with brightfield. Perhaps the closing of the condensor with brightfield causes more CA. With DIC you use the full NA.

best regards,

Wim
rene

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose we can go on and on on this subject, but I leave it after my last remark: using a normal eyepiece (for 'virtual' use) for projection on a chip or film, introduces spherical abberation. I've got tables for the correction in tubelength needed for that, maybe that's what Jens was referring to. Now, the clue: how bad is it? You might see it with a high dry like a 40/0.95, luckily this generally has a correction collar for that. You know yourself how much leeway you (seem to) have when using the correction collar, so I find it far more practical to set tubelength for parfocality only and don't worry about abberations. Good luck with your new setup: what's the chipsize you use now?

Rene.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: