:: View topic - Water Mite?
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Water Mite?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Water Mite? Reply with quote

After fighting mosquitos, fending off copperheads, and picking through poison ivy, I finally made it to my favorite creek for a little relaxation and collecting. So far this little guy is all that I have found. I thought he or maybe it is a she (I didn't turn it over to look Embarassed ) looked great under darkfield. Wha da ya'all think? Wink
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
piotr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an absolutely amazing picture!!! Smile It looks like a cross-section. Great darkfield subject! What objective did you use, 4x?
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Piotr! Glad you like it, I was very surprised and elated when Tom notified me that the photo had been selected. I was just scanning a wet mount looking for something new and interesting when this little guy skittered across the field. Placing the old "dime" in the condenser tray and using a Zeiss 10X A-Plan, I was able to capture the mite. I took several shots before settling for this one. Very Happy
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Last edited by Ken Ramos on Fri May 28, 2004 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
nzmacro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ken, this is nothing short of spectacular !!!. I viewed this one on your site as well and feel in love with it then. The clarity is amazing and makes this one fascinating shot. Excellent image and work Very Happy

Danny.
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Danny, I am pleased that everyone likes the image and thanks for dropping by my MSN Group Site. It isn't much but it is fun to play around with. I am hoping to add more images to the site very soon with all of them having been taken through the Axiostar Plus.
Kens Microscopy
twebster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great on the front cover of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net home page, too Exclamation

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: