Symmetry in Rheinberg for Ken V

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Frez

Symmetry in Rheinberg for Ken V

Post by Frez »

It's late and I'm too tired to ID this one. Happy New Year Ken V. and to everybody. May we all be able to be at our best in 2005.

Frez

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Frez that is just beautiful! And a Happy New Year to you too. That Rhienberg illumination is something I must eventually get into.
Thanks Frez.
Cheers Kenv
Ken

Frez

Post by Frez »

Ken, This is actually Rheinberg/COL done with homemade filters. They are made with an inkjet printer and transparency sheets. The filters are created in Corel Draw. The link will take you to a jpeg of some filters that work well with my setup and a 40x objective. I use them in a filter holder under the condenser with both diaphragms wide open. They can also simply be taped to the condenser bottom. These particular filters are oversized and too large for a typical 32mm filter holder and will need to be resized to suit your needs. Transparency sheets can be bought at any office supply store such as Staples. I double up two filters to establish opaqueness and deeper colors. To center the filter, lower the condenser until a dark spot appears. Then center the spot directly under the specimen and raise the condenser until you see the desired effect.
http://conk.com/nextportal/sites/frez/3 ... %20005.JPG

Good Luck
Frez

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Thanks again Frez, that all looks a bit daunting but I have a ways to go. I have put that link in my favourites for when I get a bit more savvy. Thanks very much Frez.
Cheers Kenv
Ken

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Frez,

You and Charlie got this Rheinberg thing down pat--beautiful photo!

Steve

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Frez :D

You have graced our galleries with many fine diatom images. Thank you for sharing with us your unique talents. This diatom image will make a beautiful front cover for the www.amateurmicroscopy.net front page for the next month. Beautiful image, Frez. :D

(If anybody wants to know Frez's real name, check out the front cover :!: :shock: :D )

Best regards as always, my friend, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Dave :shock: :?: "Way to Go Frez" Wooohoooo.....as Homer would say. Congrats! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Frez

Post by Frez »

LOL! It's Harvey Humble right now. Thank you all very much. It and this site is an honor and a privilage.

Frez

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Phew, that is amazing. Its most surely micro art IMHO. This is stunning work and image Frez.

All the best Frez, SUPERB !!!

Danny.

Frez

Post by Frez »

If anyone is curious where the name Frez came from, go here and click on "about". Right now the site has a lot of work related pics on it. It seems the good micro images end up here instead of there. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~dtetreault61/w ... html-.html

Frez