Bdelloid rotifer head... a present for Charles

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Gyrosigma

Bdelloid rotifer head... a present for Charles

Post by Gyrosigma »

Hello everybody,
there are some month, I was totaly conquered by one of Charles picture in this subject :
http://www.photomacrography1.net/forum/ ... php?t=2521
since, I do my best to try obtain such image, but I am a little boy near a giant....

Just for the pleasure, one of my best test.... you can see that I am far from Charles but I folow him...

obj x40 + flash + home made DIC

best regards

Dominique

micron

Post by micron »

Nice shot Dominique! This is the first time I have seen a rotifer "head on".

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Thank Dominique! I agree with Ron, this is a much different view than normally encountered with these rotifers! Very interesting. Your "home made DIC" does a great job of adding a wonderful 3-dimensional look. Excellent image!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

This is a wonderful shot Dominique. :D I too have never viewed a rotifer head on. I must say though, you are doing a good job in catching up with Charlie. The angle at which you have captured the rotifers head shows some details that are quite interesting, especially around the cilia. You have done some excellent work in capturing this little beast, fantastic shot Dominique! =D>
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Congratulations Dominique! :o A great looking image on the front page of our microscopy forum. Well deserved indeed, you brought to us a veiw of rotifers that is seldom seen. Great work Dominique and thanks! =D> =D>
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

A beautiful image and one that looks great on the Microscopy Front Page. Congrats =D>
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome