Golden Tortoise Beetle Larvae

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Beetleman

Golden Tortoise Beetle Larvae

Post by Beetleman »

This is the larvae of the Golden Tortoise Beetle-Charidotella sexpunctata . Found him on my Morning Glory Vines, which they like to attack. As you can see in the picture, they cover themselves with cast skins, excrement and other debris to hide themselves. The head is at the left end and you can see the anal section up in the air (right end) ready to deposit some more Adobe poop. Around 6mm in size here. Adult image here; http://www.photomacrography1.net/forum/ ... c38e44ff48

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sure is a spiney little critter there Doug. You seem to have knack for finding them. :D I only see them occasionally around here but its been so hot now, that most everything is beat down into the ground and hidding where they can find some cool comfort. :roll:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

paul

Post by paul »

Very interesting, Doug, and clearly shown on a clean background. I like the fine 'feathers' around the body.

Best wishes,
Paul
paul h

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

What an interesting creature, Doug! It’s all legs :lol:

Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel