Got'cha!

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I would say that is quite unusual Wim. :-k I though you were refering to something to place on the flash to bounce the light downwards! I guess it would draw some attention from passersby. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Ken, :D

You've got to get the flash off the camera. I use a Kirk Enterprises macro flash bracket. It's about the least expensive bracket out there and, with a little addition I made, works quite well. I wrote a review of it on my website, HERE, along with a suggested modification.

Kirk makes two models. One model attaches to your camera body, the other model attaches to the tripod collar on your lens. If you haven's already done so, I would suggest you buy the tripod collar for the Canon 100mm macro lens on which to mount the macro flash bracket. This will allow you to switch from horizontal to vertical compositions without having to change the flash position.

Go for it, Ken :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thats it Tom! That's what I have been looking for. :D Right under my nose all the time eh? :-k Thanks! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

That is a good solution indeed. But don't rule out my funny looking solution because it will work too and without any extras. It is a light solution as well. But I prefer a flash that is a bit outwards so the light comes more from the side.

best regards,

Wim