Asplanchnopus

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Wim van Egmond

Asplanchnopus

Post by Wim van Egmond »

I think I am slowly beginning to get o.k. results with the digital camera. I tried a projective as eye piece. I had to make a very long tube but I think it gives better results.

This rotifer is from a marsh. It think it is Asplanchnopus muliticeps. I had never seen it before. If you keep looking in different places there will always be something new to discover!

Wim

rene

Post by rene »

Nice! Seems we will see a lot more of your work soon with your new camera. Where exactly did you find it??

Rene.

ps. This place is slowly becoming a goldmine for information. I really thinkthe mentioning of finding place would make this site valuable in the future? What do you guys think?

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

It is a good idea. the sample was from a Fen near Son and Breugel. It was not that special but I found some organisms I hadn't seen before. In this case I don't think it is worth the trip for our american friends:) But if I find a microscopist's Eldorado, you guys will be the first to know! :)

best regards,

Wim