sun loving flatworms

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Wim van Egmond

sun loving flatworms

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Dear Microscopists,

The images in your forum are breathtaking! I hope to have more time for microscopy this year and join you once in a while! Seeing your work is very inspiring!

I try to send in an image I made last year of a flat worm called Convoluta roscoffensis. A friend of mine collected them and send them to me so I could pohotograph them. They have little endosymbiotic algae inside, like the green hydra, stentor ect. These little flatworms, only one or two millimeters, are sunbathers that live in the sand on the beaches of Brittany France. They require areas that fall dry for a couple of hours.

I use a Zeiss standard microscope with an Olympus om 2 and it was done with the 10X lens. I don't have a flash yet but I am working on it. It should make it easier to photograph these organisms.

best regards from the low countries!

Wim van Egmond

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi Wim

Beautiful colors and I like the composition. Interesting little critters too.

Welcome to the forums. :D
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Welcome to the Forum - and an interesting first post. I think you will enjoy flash once you have it set up and probably end up using little else.

All the best,
Graham

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

WooHoo Wim :!: :D

Welcome aboard, my friend :!: :D

Folks, if you have not met Wim before, let me introduce him to the group. When I was deciding to take the plunge into microscopy again, it was Wim's images and Ron Neumeyer's images that inspired me to go ahead and get into microscopy. Wim has won several awards in the Nikon Small World Contest and has been a featured microscopist at Molecular Expressions. Pretty good credentials, I would say. Be sure to visit Wim's website. It is a delight to view his images, both photographic and artistic. Also, wander over to Micscape Magazine and view some of the many features he has written and/or produced for Mol Smith, Dave Walker, and the Micscape gang. :D

Best regards to all, as always :!: :D
Last edited by twebster on Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome aboard Wim :D Went to visit your website but it could not be displayed :( Will for sure try again later to visit. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Thank you very much! Tom, thanks for the much too flattering introduction :oops: I must say that I am much more an amateur than you might think. There is still a lot I have to improve in my photography and my equipment. But that is what probably unites all of us. We are all trying to get the best out of our equipent, and have fun observing life and sharing finds and ideas!

I corrected the link to my website. I am sometimes a bit clumsy.

best regards,

Wim

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Got to your website this time Wim. Your drawings are fantastic as well as your photographs. How long did it take to get that protist trained to jump through the hoop :?: :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

piotr

Post by piotr »

Welcome to the forum, Wim! Good to see you here! :-)

Beautiful composition, excellent picture, and very interesting subject. I must say - your photographs were what got me involved into photomicroscopy, too! :-)
Piotr

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Wim... it's great to see you here! Since I started "microscopy" about a year ago, I've spent a great deal of time looking at your wonderful images and reading your articles. They've been very inspirational and motivating!

Dembowski

Post by Dembowski »

Welcome to the group and thanks for the great shot. Thanks also for the identification - I thought they were zucchini :lol:
Bill Dembowski
"It's alive .... It's alive !!!!

Frez

Post by Frez »

Glad you have found us Wim! You and your contributions are very welcome. Wonderful image of the flatworms!

Thanks!
Frez