If anyone gets the chance....Sony R1

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

nzmacro
Site Admin

If anyone gets the chance....Sony R1

Post by nzmacro »

If anyone gets a chance to get a hold of a Sony DSC-R1, throw on a Nikon 6T or a Canon 250D and post some shots. :D 8) :wink: We all know the limitations of the smaller sensors, well heres one with a decent sensor that may well be worth looking at for macro work with a fixed zoom.

If you find links to decent macro shots with the R1, post them in this thread please. :D There are reasons some don't need a DSLR and this could just be one nice camera with a fixed lens.

Lin Evans has posted some VERY clean images and full images as well with this camera on the Dpreview forums, impressive low noise levels. Now if we can just get to see some high ratio macro shots from one...............anybody ???

All the best best, just curious :wink:

Danny.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

C'mon Danny, you know you want to get a Canon DSLR and an MP-E-65! Yield to temptation! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

MikeBinOKlahoma wrote:C'mon Danny, you know you want to get a Canon DSLR and an MP-E-65! Yield to temptation! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL M8t :D 8) :wink: , Thats probably the best quality macro setup you can get............as long as I have a TS 90mm as well :wink: In reality though, I have a ton of Canon and Nikon bodies and lenses Mike, bellows, macro lenses, ring flash units, etc, 35mm of course and I doubt I could be talked back into a full system. Yep, I know exactly where the quality lies, but I also know the ratios I can get otherwise :D. A larger sensor and from what I've seen from our M8t Lin, with shots from the R1, it ain't half bad M8t. Just want to see high ratio macro shots.

All the best Mike and I've played with Marshall Blacks Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II............very nice, but :wink:

Danny.