My humble scope

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

GreenLarry

My humble scope

Post by GreenLarry »

During a trip to my hometown recently, I got my long unused scope out after 5 years oh non-use!

Its nothing special, an ordinary monocular student type made in China I think, and purchased from Brunel Microspcopes many years ago!
Unfortunately it has to stay at my mum's house until I can get all my stuff moved up here.
I posted sopme pics taken through it in the photomicrography section below, but heres the scope itself.
Model XSP-13A.
It has 3 turrets with 10,40 and 100 oil immersion objectives, and 5, 10 and 12.5X eyepieces, total mag 125X, tho I'd need a powerful lamp for anything past 400X! (It has a substage mirror with Abbe condenser for lighting)

Its humble, and cheap, but its mine and I love it!

GreenLarry

Post by GreenLarry »

Anyone else have ojne of these?

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Had something similar many years ago Larry. :-k Been so long I can't remember what ever became of it. The first microscope I ever owned came from a pawn shop. It was cast metal, black, had about three or four small glass slides and three objectives, with a fairly nice wood case. Sue has one just like it. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.