Mysterious hole...

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

jebir

Mysterious hole...

Post by jebir »

Hi forum,

I have bought an old Novoflex Elinchrome bellows with a Rodenstock Rodagon 60mm/4.5 lens to be used with my Olympus E-1.

The setup works fine but there is one puzzling feature with the bellows that I don't unerstand. On top, close to the camera mount, there is a hole leading into a white plastic intrustion into the bellows. A small lock screw indicates that something should be attached to the hole. I wonder what it has been used for? The only thing I can think of is to introduce an exposure meter, metering off from the image circle outside the film plane.

Anyone experienced with these things that knows the answer?

Regards, Jens.
- Everything is possible!
- Miracles just take some more time...

Post by Guest »

Jens,
I'm an old Novoflex "junkie", and have had at least three or four of their bellows over the years, but have not seen that before. They have made some odd and interesting items over the years. Your guess sounds like a reasonable one. There were a fair number of metering "probes" for large format (view) cameras... no reason it would not have been a nice thing to have in a bellows before TTL metering.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

The mysterious "guest" above was me..... :?