ULtraphot III

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

wilash

ULtraphot III

Post by wilash »

I thought someone my be interested in knowing an Ultraphot III is up for auction on ebay in the business and industrial section.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 77998&rd=1
Will

piotr

Post by piotr »

Beautiful!...

Good for somebody with a huge basement.
Piotr

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

My wife has banned me from eBay until the Ultraphot is sold :!: :shock: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Post by Guest »

I would not get too excited by that Ultraphot. I had one for several years - a real back breaker (it weighs more than 150 pounds). The beam splitter for an outboard camera is either all or nothing, unlike the Photomic series which is split 30/70. It also it takes a ton of desk space. In my opinion the Photomicroscope or Universal with filter train and Optovar is a much more practical scope then the Ultraphot. Mind you the Ultra will definitely impress friends and neighbours!

micron

Post by micron »

The last comment is mine - missed the login step!

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

twebster wrote:My wife has banned me from eBay until the Ultraphot is sold :!: :shock: :D

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, glad I'm not maried, to bad I don't have that amount of money.
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

wilash

Post by wilash »

Anonymous wrote:I would not get too excited by that Ultraphot. I had one for several years - a real back breaker (it weighs more than 150 pounds). The beam splitter for an outboard camera is either all or nothing, unlike the Photomic series which is split 30/70. It also it takes a ton of desk space. In my opinion the Photomicroscope or Universal with filter train and Optovar is a much more practical scope then the Ultraphot. Mind you the Ultra will definitely impress friends and neighbours!
So you are saying this would not make a good field scope? Not even with casters and a fork-lift truck? But it comes with the desk! :P :wink:

I don't think I would ever buy one, but it is a beauty. The curves are poetry. I think modern scopes lost something when they started modeling everything on a box.
Will

wilash

Post by wilash »

Well, it went for $2,350. Is that a good price? I don't know much about prices for old scopes.
Will