Question for Danny.... from Lin

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Lin Evans

Question for Danny.... from Lin

Post by Lin Evans »

Hi Danny,

I was browsing around through some of the posts and noticed that you were using a 100mm F2.8 with your FZ10. I couldn't find a post where you had discussed it and wondered how you were using it? I assumed it was reversed but it would be really interesting to try it with my FZ10 and FZ20. The question came up on Phil's forum about using digicams for macros and I sent a few people over here to look at these great macro shots. I was really impressed with the "metalic fly" and eye facets, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Yeah M8t, I don't reverse the 100mm. I mount it using a rear lens cap with the centre cut out Lin. Hang on I got a couple of shots for ya

So the FZ10 is on the right with the FD 100mm Canon mounted on it and my brothers FZ20 on the left there with a Canon EF 35-70 mounted in reverse which fits PERFECTLY into the hood of the FZ20. Prefect fit !!!

The rear lens cap for mounting the 100mm to the FZ10 has a filter ring fitted to it Lin. Glued with epoxy resin.

So thats how thats been done M8t. I've also permanently fitted a 55mm filter thread to the front of the FZ10, no I don't recommend it, but then I'm weird anyway mate as you know :D . I only care about the end result and not what a camera looks like, but you know that anyway. Heck I think you know me better than I do myself Lin. :wink:

Always a pleasure to see you Lin and thanks for helping me decide on the FZ10 as well Lin.

All the very best you two :lol:

Danny.

Vegard from DP Review

So THAT's how you did it!

Post by Vegard from DP Review »

I have a wonderful Nikkor 105 mm Macro from the good ol' days. Now I know....

Thanks, "meightt" :wink:

Lin Evans

Post by Lin Evans »

Thanks Danny, makes sense to me - I think I'll give that a try!

Best regards,

Lin