Digital Camera Adapters

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

lacerta

Digital Camera Adapters

Post by lacerta »

I was just on twebster's website "On closer inspection". Great website Tom! Seeing and reading the equipment setup portion was very informative. I have a digital camera (Sony F717) that has a big wide chunk of glass for a lens and I was searching around for camera adapters that would allow me to shoot into the eyepiece of my microscope without severe vignetting. The most promising was the Maxview Plus system. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this adapter.
For Tom: On your website you said you didn't get good results with the Maxview 40 system. You got me a little spooked. I know that the "40" and the "Plus" are two different systems. Isn't the Maxview 40 designed for telescope use ? Based on your experience with the Maxview 40, would you recommended I avoid their whole line of adapters? My goal is to get images at least as tack-sharp as the ones on your site. Not to mention I prefer not to throw away 300+ dollars. You mentioned using a reversing ring to reverse-mount a 55mm lens. I would like to try that and see how it works. I got several different lenses for my 35mm system (Olympus OM-2) that I could try. If I get results anywhere near the quality of your images I would be satisfied. Where might I find this "reversing ring".
George

piotr

Post by piotr »

George,

For the reversing rings try adorama.com or bhphoto.com and do search for "macro ring" (e.g. something like this one). You may need to add a step-up or step-down ring, depending on your lens and camera configuration.
Piotr