intro

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ekko

intro

Post by Ekko »

Hello people,

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Eric, 40 years old, married, we have two kids.
I live in the Netherlands, in a place called Hillegom, which is well known for it's flower bulbs.

I've been into photography (film) as a hobby for a while, but gave up on it when kids and work came in between.

now (10+ years later) I find myself in a position where I have seas of time, and really want to get back into pohotography.
I've always admired, and loved to look at macro shots, but never really got to it with my trusty EOS 1000f.

So here I am, ready to purchase a Canon 30D, a 90mm Tamron, and full of questions.
I ordered a few books to brush up on techniques, such as composition etc, but probably will still be looking for some answers, which I hope to find here.

I also would like to compliment all of you on your photos, I've been browsing the galleries, and the photos in there made my jaw drop,
it actually took me a whole day to go through the first 6 pages, awesome stuff.

kind regards,

Eric.

Sven Bernert

Re: intro

Post by Sven Bernert »

Ekko wrote:[...] ready to purchase a Canon 30D, a 90mm Tamron [...]

Get either a 180 mil Tamron or Sigma or, if you can afford it, the 180 mil Canon. In no time you’ll enjoy the additional working distance (over a 90 / 100 mm lens) when shooting living subjects!

Welcome to the forums neighbour :D

Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yes Eric, welcome to the forums. You got here just in time for our big move, so don't forget to read the announcments. We have a great bunch of photographers here who are always ready to help or answer questions if they can. So dive right in and make yourself at home. We'll be looking forward to your posts. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.