Show me your Garden

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

These are some great posts :D Bill, I would like to see that telescope housed in the observatory. Astronomy used to be a big interest of mine and still is to some extent but I find micro critters much easier to interact with, than a bianary star system some several million light yrs. away. I like Sue's garden shots too, the garden plots look so neat and manicured, good work Sue and Mike, what can I say...Great Shot :D Nature in her fury makes for some very interesting and awesome photographs. :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

nzmacro wrote:Sven, how about adopting a Kiwi M8t. I can see me being at home in your back yard :D . Jan is jealous Sven, me well, I just want to shoot there .....and maybe go fishing or swimmimg :wink:
Hehe my friend, whenever you hit the ground at Berlin airport, I'll be there to pick you up and drag you in our garden. :D

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

S. Alden wrote:Yeah Sven, a group visit to your place :D
Just give me one day ahead to get the BBQ organized :lol:

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

I finally got round to photographing the garden at the back of the house:

and the pond, which is only about 4 ft square and a foot deep, but is a great source of microscopical life:

Graham

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Beautiful garden and your pond is about the same size as mine. Cannot really see mine unless you are standing next to it, but I get some critters out of it for the microscope.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :D

I haven't posted any images of our gardens because our gardens had pretty much gone to ruin. My health these last couple of years had deteriorated to the point that I couldn't keep up the gardens at our house. Recently we moved out of our house and into an apartment. I haven't lived in an apartment for over 30 years and I wasn't sure I was going to like apartment life again. :-k

Well, I'm absolutely enjoying our apartment. :D Our apartment is in an older gated community nearly in the center of Phoenix, Arizona, USA. For being situated in the middle of the Sonoran Desert our apartment complex is an absolute oasis :!: :D Here's an image of our back gate...

...and here's an image of the courtyard with a rather large flower garden...

Finally, the entire complex is surrounded by a forest of mature trees of all varieties...

Sorry for the overly contrasty images. I had to shoot these images around noon and the lighting was very contrasty. It will be nice to have the gardens. I now have plenty of flowers and bugs to shoot :!: :D

Best regards to all as always :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

That sure looks like a nice setting Tom. I am glad your are liking your new home, and I think I would be spending a bit of time in the backyard for sure.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Tom, Graham; both of your gardens are very nice. Wish I had one but I don't. :(
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.