New Canon 30D announced

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Moebius

New Canon 30D announced

Post by Moebius »

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

What's probably good is that they seem to have taken a break in the megapixel race (going from 8 to the 10 that was speculated wouldn't have made much difference in image quality, though I confess I'm a sucker for the idea).

What's definitely good is that most of the things they did change seem to be things customers really wanted (larger LCD, ISO visible in viewfinder, etc.). Except of course for the stupid direct printer port!

What's bad is that this seems more like a remake of the 20D than a new model to me. But not the end of the world. I had dabbled with buying the next body, but I'm definitely going to skip it. And that's the best thing of all about the camera! It keeps my mind off of equipment fervor and on taking good photographs where it should have been anyway!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

What appeals most on this new camera is, spot metering. Can't live without it.

Now, whats really new is that Nikon 105mm macro lens with VR. Its about time somebody did it :D , I actually thought Canon would be the first to do that with a macro lens and IS, but nope, Nikon. Good on ya Nikon :lol: :wink:

Danny.