Arcella, "in the rough and doing some foot work!"

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Arcella, "in the rough and doing some foot work!"

Post by Ken Ramos »

Been looking over some of my samples this evening and came across these Arcella. Seems that the cooler or now getting colder weather is agreeing with them. :D
Sony DSC-P200 @ 7mgp(Auto)
1/40sec. @ f/2.8 ISO 120
Orion SteadyPix digital adapter
Zeiss Axiostar, 40X/0.65 A-Plan(Zeiss)
Halogen illumination w/blue and white diffusers
Sony DSC-P200 @ 7mgp(Auto)
Orion SteadyPix digital adapter
1/60 sec. @ f/2.8 ISO 100
Zeiss Axiostar, 40X/0.65 A-Plan(Zeiss)
Halogen illumination w/blue and white diffusers
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Ken... your latest set-up with the Sony camera is yielding some really good quality images.!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Charlie. Yes the set up is working quite well and I will probably keep it around for a good while. I was considering a set up like yours but there is not enough cash on the tree out back of the house. :lol: Thanks again Charlie. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

twebster wrote:The Administrator's Appreciation choice in amateur microscopy for this month goes to Ken Ramos for his post Arcella, "in the rough and doing some foot work!". ... Be sure to stop by their posts and say, "Thank you", for all of their hard work on our behalf.
Yes!! Two lovely shots (adding to a long series!) and a well-earned tribute to what must be many, Many long hours keeping track of the forum and helping to mold it into a great place to participate. The pictures would be neat by themselves, but the community around them is just outstanding!

--Rik

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Rik :D I enjoy the forums very much and practically live here when I am on the computer, which is almost all the time. :lol: Thanks again! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Beautiful image Ken and you are a great individual to work with here on the forums and it is a pleasure. Merry Christmas to you as well and if you need my address for that Canon Mark II you are buying me for Christmas - just ask :lol: :lol:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I believe Sue said: :!:
if you need my address for that Canon Mark II you are buying me for Christmas - just ask
:? :!: :?: Er...uh...I haven't got that promotion yet Sue. Maybe next year huh? :lol: Thanks for the kind words Sue, it has been a pleasure for sure and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy