:: View topic - Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Beginners guide to microscopy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgets2me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual Reply with quote

I am anxious to get started and looking for an instruction manual for the Leitz Ergolux, or even a manual for the vertical illuminator on this scope. Anyone know where I can obtain one of the manuals? Thanks.
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Welcome aboard! Very Happy I did a bit of looking around but could not find a reference to a manual for your scope. Sad But, take heart. There are some pretty knowledgable individuals here on these forums who may just be able to help. A photo of the scope posted in the Technical Discussions Forum or General would be nice if you could. It might just give someone something to go on, to help you out. Again welcome to the group! Very Happy
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some more looking around for your manual. You might want to contact these people. Very Happy

http://www.optotek.net/Microscope_Inventory/Compound_Microscopes/Leitz_Microscopes/leitz_microscopes.html
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long shot, but worth a try.
Go to this page:

http://www.microscopy.com/cgi-bin/ReadPrintEmailHTML.pl?filename=0411.txt

There's a fellow here with an Ergolux and he is looking for a parts manual. It appears he has been in touch with Leica and is getting one. If the address is still valid, an email to him might yield some useful information.
gadgets2me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual Reply with quote

Thank you Ken for the welcome and help. I contacted Optotek on Friday and spoke to Klaus who was very informative but did not have a manual. He worked for leika a while back and still sells the used Ergolux as well as services them. Per your recommendaton I will post a photo of the scope.
gadgets2me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual Reply with quote

Great lead Charles, thank you. I will attempt to contact that fellow and also Leica Germany. That was also a very interesting forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Beginners guide to microscopy All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: