Congratulations to Tom on his 500th member!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

rjlittlefield

Congratulations to Tom on his 500th member!

Post by rjlittlefield »

I noticed today that the forum footer says
We have 500 registered users.
The newest registered user is Minigal.
Minigal, though you haven't posted yet, I'd like to welcome you to this community. I hope you like it as much as we regulars do!

Tom Webster, this is the sort of milestone that just begs for some sort of ceremony. It's hard to know what to do over the Internet, so I'll settle for some simple congratulations.
You done good setting up this place. Real good. Thanks! :D
--Rik
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Congratulations, Tom, Danny, and Mike! Speaking of which, I wish Danny and Mike were active again. Hope things are okay for them.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Rik, :D

Thank you for mentioning this. I have to say, though, our community has been a collective effort on the part of Danny, Mike, Sue, Ken and myself. Mike provides and ships the Administrator's Appreciation gifts, Danny finances the site and I keep the site running smoothly in spite of our web provider. However, this site would be nearly impossible to keep going if it weren't for the tireless efforts of Ken and Sue. We owe both of them a special thanks of gratitude. :D

Of course, none of this would truly be possible without you, our members. We have a great bunch of people here that are not only talented but willing to share with each other. Nowhere else on the 'Net have I ever met a more harmonious group. For this, you all make our efforts very worthwhile. "Thank you" to each and every one of you for sharing in our community :!: :D

MikeB...I miss Mike and Danny, too. I'm sure they both have very good reasons for not being able to participate right now. I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon, though. :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well, I guess congratulations are in order! :o Being an ex-sea dog and accoustomed to festive occasions on a moments notice, I think I will run down to the local provider of spirits and pick up a keg, maybe two... :idea: and call up some girls! :lol:

Naw those days are long past and behind me now. Corn bread and sweet milk are more the norm, while watching Americas Funniest Home Vidios (I really need to get a new life :( ). So with that being said Congratulations all round to the staff that I work with and to our most valued members, who make this site the best on the net! :D

No...I said, "life," not "wife" :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

twebster wrote:I have to say, though, our community has been a collective effort on the part of Danny, Mike, Sue, Ken and myself. Mike provides and ships the Administrator's Appreciation gifts, Danny finances the site and I keep the site running smoothly in spite of our web provider. However, this site would be nearly impossible to keep going if it weren't for the tireless efforts of Ken and Sue. We owe both of them a special thanks of gratitude. :D

Of course, none of this would truly be possible without you, our members. We have a great bunch of people here that are not only talented but willing to share with each other. Nowhere else on the 'Net have I ever met a more harmonious group. For this, you all make our efforts very worthwhile. "Thank you" to each and every one of you for sharing in our community :!: :D
Dang, I hate it when I forget to hit that "and the rest of the team" key! :oops:

Thanks for setting the record straight.

And thanks to EVERYONE for being here and doing your thing. This is in fact "the best on the net"! :D

--Rik
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Yup, this is quite a milestone! Thanks everyone (and I mean everyone, the team and the members alike) for all the hard work and for making this place an extension to my living room and family.

As for Mike and Danny, sometimes life comes in the way of things and we need to draw attention and power to other circumstances in our life. But I'm sure the smell of good macro work brings them back very soon. Hehe, I know what I'm talking about ... :lol:

And yes Sue, I *LOVE* this red bag big time! :lol: Muchas gracias again!
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Congrats all round from me... this a great forum for people, information, pictures... you name it! Thanks for all the hard work to all.
Graham