It's here! It's here!! It's finally here!!!

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

It's here! It's here!! It's finally here!!!

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

UPS delivered my Canon EF 300mm f 2.8L IS lens in time for me to run out to the Desert Botanical Gardens, Phoenix, Arizona, USA for a test shoot. :D I know this isn't macro or micro but it's the first image I made with my new lens...

Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) Canon EOS Rebel XT with Canon EF 300mm f 2.8 lens + Canon EF 2x II teleconverter, ISO 200, 1/1600 sec @ f 8, natural light, tripod with IS turned on.

:!: :!: :D :D WOW, WOW, WOW :D :D :!: :!:

I'm going to love this lens :!: :D I can't wait for the Canon EOS 20D to arrive :!: :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm jealous!

Nice shot Tom.
Carl B. Constantine
http://photo-op.ca/

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Great start! And at least you have a good wild subject and pleasant background.

Back in "the day", when I got my bright shiny new 100-400L lens, I was so excited about my ability to take mammal closeups that I seriously considered driving a few miles out of town and finding some cows standing in fields! Didn't follow through on it, but I was REALLY tempted.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Carl,
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm jealous!
I don't think you would be all that jealous if you saw the bill :!: :shock: :D

Hi ya' Mike, :D
Back in "the day", when I got my bright shiny new 100-400L lens, I was so excited about my ability to take mammal closeups that I seriously considered driving a few miles out of town and finding some cows standing in fields! Didn't follow through on it, but I was REALLY tempted.
I'll tell ya' Mike, if I couldn't have gone to the Botanical Gardens I would have been shooting images of my neighbor's canary through her dining room window :!: :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Hehe, congrats to the new equipment, this lens is one of the best Canon Lenses in terms of color rendition, contrast and sharpness! I know that you’ll squeeze many fine images out of this combo (300+2x)!

Best,
Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

piotr

Post by piotr »

Terrific picture, Tom, and congratulations on your new equipment! :)
Piotr