The Eagle Has Landed!!

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Bald Eagle

The Eagle Has Landed!!

Post by Bald Eagle »

I always wanted to say that. (sorry) Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Rick and I am a certifiable Macro-holic, and I'm quite comfortable with that. I hope to join this Forum and continue my learning process,(it will take forever) and if I can help anybody, I would be glad to. I've seen some excellent work on this site. My family and I live in Bartow Florida. Seems to be a Bug Haven. Thanks.
Always look at Nature with wide eyes.
Rick Cowen
Canon 5D, Canon 70-300 IS USM.Sigma 150 2.8 Macro, Sigma 170-500. A set of Kenko tubes. Check out my Gallery here!

http://www.pbase.com/1bald_eagle/macro

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Rick :D

Welcome aboard :!: :D You couldn't have joined a nicer community. I've seen your posts on the Fred Miranda site and I think you'll fit right in. Come, post a few images. :D

Best regards, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Thank You, Tom, I really appreciate the Warm Welcome. Glad to be here. :D :D :D
Rick Cowen
Canon 5D, Canon 70-300 IS USM.Sigma 150 2.8 Macro, Sigma 170-500. A set of Kenko tubes. Check out my Gallery here!

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Rick :D

Oops :!: :D I should have said I've seen your images at Photomigrations. :oops: I'm old and my memory ain't so good any more :!: :D Pretty bad when I forgot that I posted a reply to your tussock moth post :!: :oops:

Anyhow, welcome aboard, Ri...uh...welcome aboard, Bald...oh :!: :x ...whoever you are...Darn :!: There went the memory again :!: :D :evil: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hi ya Rick! :o I am old too but maybe not as old as Tom :-k Anyway Welcome to the group. A great bunch of folks here and I'm sure you will fit right in. I have only been to Fla. a couple of times in my life and you do have some "bugs :shock: " down there for sure. Don't mind our Senior (citizen) Site Administrator, you know how old folks are. :lol: Again Welcome Aboard! :o
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi ya Rick. Well, I went to high school at Jax Beach, Fl, lived in Cocoa Beach for awhile, hail from Savannah, GA and currently reside up here in the cold old NE (PA).

I am old too :lol: since we seem to be on that subject. Glad to have you on the forums and look forward to viewing your post.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Thanks all for your very warm welcome, I guess I will fit right in. I too am aging gracefully, the remaining hair on the sides is an elegant shade of Gray. thanks again. :D :lol: :D
Rick Cowen

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

You still have hair :?: :!:
Tom Webster
Administrator

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

twebster wrote:You still have hair :?: :!:
Anything more than 3 cannot be counted as a follicle, it classifies as hair. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick Cowen