Show me your Garden

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

pwiles1968

Show me your Garden

Post by pwiles1968 »

I do most of my Photography in my garden, as I am sure a lot of other members do, I thought it would be nice to share full size images or even panoramas of each others gardens, I am taking the kids out shortly but I will try and get mine shot later and post it.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

I will post mine when I get back from Oregon (20 May). I depart in the morning and really should start packing :roll: . In any case, the only thing in my garden blooming right now are the tulips. When I return, I will have more flowers (and I know everyone here will be glad of that - no more tulips :lol: )
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

My back Garden in Panorama (It looks more impressive that way), You may have guessed I have a young family so don’t get to go far, but for macro you don’t need to :D
Last edited by pwiles1968 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

Well, This is my backyard. We have another garden at the side of our house about the same size and then we have our front yard, which is about 2/3 of this.

Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

And the Front Garden.

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Here's our garden:

and HERE (CLICK) is more of it. Well, I think I need to add some newer images to that album :D

Sven

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Now that is a GARDEN! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Thanks Ken. But don't ask me how much work it is :lol: Today I'd never create something that size again.

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

That is not a pond it's a swimming pool! I'm really jealous I love fish, you are right I do not know that I would want to take on that much work. Regardless you have a Beautiful Garden, nice to see.

Dembowski

Post by Dembowski »

Here is a photo of my backyard. I’m afraid it’s not as picturesque as some of your fine landscaped sites. It might have been more interesting but I haven’t had a vegetable garden for several years because of my close companion Arthur Itis. Now it is just an expanse of mowed greenery that I hesitate to call grass.

The peach-colored structure in the background belongs to a neighbor but the apple trees in the foreground are ours. And, yes, that is an actual astronomical observatory where I spend my cloudless nights, few as they are. We have a few other areas surrounding our house but they are equally uninteresting.

Bill Dembowski
"It's alive .... It's alive !!!!

S. Alden
Site Admin

Ok, here is my gardens

Post by S. Alden »

Still in the works, and will get better ...I hope.
Sue Alden
Administrator

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Well....I live in a high-rise apartment in downtown Oklahoma City and don't have a garden! :( But arguably this is my backyard. I have a balcony that overlooks the downtown skyline. Oklahoma is in the prairie between the two main north-south mountain ranges in North America, and in late Spring and early Summer, warm humid air from the Gulf of Mexico meets up with cooler air from Canada and points north. So we have interesting weather. And we did tonight! As I post this, I took this shot from my balcony about fifteen minutes ago. I thought it was interesting enough to post, even if it isn't a garden! At least I see it (minus lightning) daily when I'm home....

Digitally-edited with curves to make the sky and unlit portions of the buildings a little darker, otherwise resizing and minor sharpening are the only edits.

28-70 lens @ 28mm
30 seconds @ f/16
ISO 100
Tripod-mounted
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Hehe Mike, this is cool. How about a panorama with daylight? I love cityscapes! :D

Best,
Sven

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Get yourself a planter box Mike .Must say, nice shot !!!

Sven, how about adopting a Kiwi M8t. I can see me being at home in your back yard :D . Jan is jealous Sven, me well, I just want to shoot there .....and maybe go fishing or swimmimg :wink:

Danny.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Yeah Sven, a group visit to your place or you can come over here and fix up my gardens. I have a pond, but you cannot see it, it is very small. I am sure you would be able to improve on it. :D
Sue Alden
Administrator