Close up of a C. Liz

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from the "Macro and Close-up Photography Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.com website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

S. Alden
Site Admin

Close up of a C. Liz

Post by S. Alden »

I might not have ants, but boy do I have lizards :lol: . Up close and personal, this guy was showing off his colors in hopes to attract that certain female. Not sure about the female liz, but he sure got my attention :D .

This was taken from my vehicle window. He ran across the road and took up residence on this rock. Easy shot from the vehicle.

Canon D60
Canon 100-400L IS USM
ISO 100
Shutter Speed 1/250
Aperture 5.6
Exposure -0.5

This is the one I used for my B. card and it really came out nice :D . I promise, Danny, if I post another liz, it will be of his eyeball :lol:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Isn't he just beautiful.
Kenv
Ken

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D As I have said before I am no photographer but I know what I like. This is an excellent photograph with very good contrast I think, especially with the background. It sets off the colors of the lizard and his profile quite well IMO. Keep plenty of lizards around and you won't have any ants. 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

LOL the eye ball would be interesting M8tess :D

You post as many shots of these gorgeous lizards as you can IMO Sue. Beautiful colours and markings. I doubt I will ever see one Sue, let alone in the wild. Just incredible you folks have these up there. Yep I'm jealous. :D Want to swap a Weta for one ?? :wink:

All the best Sue and yes, I would love to see these in the open.

Danny.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

thanks Danny. Actually I do not have these little guys in my area (Pennsylvania). These images were taken in Oklahoma (MikeB's hanging ground). He is very fortunate to have these available to him. I was in heaven when I was in OK and had the opportunity to photograph them. I spent my entire free weekend doing just that too :lol: .

Yea, I will take a weta :D
Sue Alden
Administrator

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

S. Alden wrote:thanks Danny. Actually I do not have these little guys in my area (Pennsylvania). These images were taken in Oklahoma (MikeB's hanging ground). He is very fortunate to have these available to him. I was in heaven when I was in OK and had the opportunity to photograph them. I spent my entire free weekend doing just that too :lol: .
There are several species of collared lizards scattered across the Southwestern US. As Sue said, we have good access to one species here in Oklahoma. They are very nifty reptiles, and I probably don't take enough advantage of my opportunities with them. They are difficult to photograph in really good light, as they are very fond of sunning themselves at mid-day when the Sun is high in the sky and the light is harsh! Usually are in hiding in the morning hours. So they're very good for slug-a-bed photographers to use as a subject!

Now I have another reason to be eager for April to get here! (they come out, and show the full breeding colors about that time).
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Danny, don't you y'all have some lizards in NZ? Not as colorful as ours, I'm sure, :P but they must have their charms, eh?
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

MikeBinOKlahoma wrote: So they're very good for slug-a-bed photographers to use as a subject!

Now I have another reason to be eager for April to get here! (they come out, and show the full breeding colors about that time).
I get up at 4am every day including weekends. "Slug-a-bed" :lol: what a description. Anyway, I was there in April, and I was out before sunrise, and I sat there a long time too. Lizards are the "Slug-a-beds" :roll: . They did not show themselves until high noon and you had to compensate for that light. But they were worth it. Beautiful colors.
Sue Alden
Administrator

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

Fantastic colors sue nice catch, I get woken up early too but that is because of my two year old son :cry: , I would also be in bed till midday like the lizards, I do love reptiles wish we had more wild ones in the UK.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.

Holmes25

Post by Holmes25 »

Hi Sue !

Aha! There is a great deal of so beautiful photos in your forum, which I imagine that the webmasters will have difficulty to select the image of the month! This multicolored lizard is a real delight for our eyes! Bravo! I love your work !

Big best regards to you . . . :wink:
Olympus IMT-2
Luxeon 5w
ToUcam Pro

At soon to read you ! Oliver

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Sue :D

This is such a beautiful image to grace the www.photomacrography.net front cover for a month Superb photography, Sue :!: :D

Best regards to you as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yea Sue!! (Whistles and Cheers) Congrats! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Yes I would love to see these. Nothing like those colours here and one heck of a shot showing fantastic details, colours and textures.........what a pose. :D

Danny.

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

Congratulations sue.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Thanks everyone :D . It did come as a surprise, and I do appreciate the honor very much. This is my favorite image and it is really nice when someone else likes it as well.
Sue Alden
Administrator