:: View topic - Marine diatoms attached to Polysiphonia
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Marine diatoms attached to Polysiphonia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Marine diatoms attached to Polysiphonia Reply with quote

Going through some photos from a month or two ago, I came across this arrangement of diatoms found in a salt water sample.

discomorphella

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charlie--

Very, very nice. Its hard to get the fans of diatoms all in focus, let alone the getting diatoms and their substrate rendered well together. I've found hydroids whose stems were encrusted with diatoms but I haven't been able to get good pictures of them, nothing close to a shot like this. I'm curious to know what optics you used and where you collected the sample?
--David
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David... there were collected in West Seattle, on some rocks on the public boat ramp on Alki Point. It was DIC with an Olympus 10/0.40 D Apo. It was made with Helicon Focus and a relatively small "stack" of 10 images. I set up, and looked at, quite a few specimens before I had one that was nicely arranged for photographs!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: