Hi I'm new to this Forum and to Photomacrography

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

andreasb

Hi I'm new to this Forum and to Photomacrography

Post by andreasb »

Hi my name is Andreas and I'm new to this forum, and would like to learn a lot more about Photomacrography. I live in Maple Bay, Vancouver Island, Canada and I'm up till now primarily a birder, but would like to expand in the to fascinating minature world.

I'm a Nikon D2X user with a long assortment of lenses, as for macros I have a 55mm F3.5 AIS, 55mm F2.8 AF, 105mm VR (I still have the regular 105mm F2.8 AF, that I will sell now that i got the VR version) and a 200mm Micro, all Nikkors.

My next step is getting a reversal ring and or extension tubes, and I would love advise in this regard on what to get, I know I need to be more specific on what I want to do with it, and I'm not ready to qualify that question yet.

I will be looking around on these forums to get my inspiration so that I know what to pursue, and I'm looking forward to make some new friends. My Pbase account is in my signature, very little macro work there as of now but with hopes that it will grow.
Andréas Berglund
Maple Bay, Vancouver Island, Canada
My Galleries: www.pbase.com/andreasb

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

all right! Another Canauck! Close by even. I live in Victoria, BC and am also here to learn. Welcome to the forum!
Carl B. Constantine
http://photo-op.ca/

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome Andreas. :D We are pleased to have you aboard. So you are new to macro? Well, don't feel as though you are out in left field by yourself. I too am kind of new to it myself. :wink:

I browsed your galleries, some very nice work in there. I especially liked the scenics from Yellowstone. I have never been there but it sure looks nice.

Anyway, we have some excellent photographers here on these forums, as you can see, and they are quite willing to help anyone get going in the macro field. So feel at home, browse around, post some images and ask questions. I am sure you will be glad you joined. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

andreasb

Post by andreasb »

Thank you Ken and Carl looking forward to learn from you all. Ken you must mean Yosemite? I have been to yellowstone but that was before my digital cameras....
Andréas Berglund
Maple Bay, Vancouver Island, Canada
My Galleries: www.pbase.com/andreasb

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Andreas replied:
Ken you must mean Yosemite?
Of course, I always get the two mixed up. :oops: :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.