exploding spirit

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Sortvind

exploding spirit

Post by Sortvind »

Im not sure if im doing this right, but im gonna try..Never used a img function before.

that did not work..http://www.deviantart.com/view/30856202/ is the picture im trying to post :D

What do you think? And what did i do wrong when trying to uploade the image here?
Show the world what they dont take time to see

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome Sortvind :D You need to copy the image to file and then place it in our image uploader. I took the liberty of placeing the image tags to your link. I hope you do not mind. Now we can see what you have posted. Before uploading your image from file, be sure that it is no larger than 640 pixels on the longest side. Be sure to thoroughly read our guidelines and the instructions for our uploader. :D

It is indeed a beautiful image you have linked us to here Sortvind and very befitting for a first post. We look forward to seeing more of your work. Again, welcome aboard. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Sortvind, your picture is excellent! :D

You might be interested in John Hart's work at this site: http://www.stereo3dgallery.net/cgi_bin/ ... rt&catid=1. He's doing high speed liquid splashes in stereo. (You have to click through to an image, select a stereo viewing type, then click View Image.)

Ken, I still can't see Sortvind's image in the forum, but it works OK if I follow the link explicitly to the deviantart site. This is very puzzling.

--Rik

Sortvind

Post by Sortvind »

Thanks for the good welcome, and the guidelines! means alot :D

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Rik wrote:
Ken, I still can't see Sortvind's image in the forum, but it works OK if I follow the link explicitly to the deviantart site. This is very puzzling.
He needs to resize the image and upload it using our image loader. I think Sortvind may have tried to post the image direct from his files. I added the image tags to his link so we could see it. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

rjlittlefield wrote:Ken, I still can't see Sortvind's image in the forum, but it works OK if I follow the link explicitly to the deviantart site. This is very puzzling.
Wow, I must have been distracted when I wrote that description!

The difficulty is that http://www.deviantart.com/view/30856202/ is in fact a big chunk of html that causes the image and a whole bunch of other stuff to be loaded. The image itself is
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/0 ... rtvind.jpg .

Sortvind, it's the url ending in .jpg that needs to be between img tags. But that image would still be larger than this forum's standards. The rule here is put nothing between img tags that is larger than 640 pixels. Sometimes people post a 640-pixel version as img, and point to a larger one with url.

There's nothing wrong with hosting images on your own server, and in fact it preserves the forum's bandwidth if you do it that way.

--Rik

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

I linked it directly to the jpg file and it shows up now. It is a bit big, so it does still need to be resized.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

I still can't see the shot directly, but went to the website, and I agree that it is an excellent shot of a subject I don't spend enough time on.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well done on the splash.Nice mix of colours and swirls Sortvind.

All the best and very nicely done :D

Danny.

MacroMike
Site Admin

Post by MacroMike »

Hello Sortvind.

I can't seem to view the image no matter what I try. Please post a resized version.
Michael Keniston
Site Administrator
Tampa, FL
www.aclosereyeview.com
m_keniston@aclosereyeview.com

"The possession of a camera can inspire something akin to lust and like all credible forms of lust, it can not be satisfied."

Susan Sontag, On Photography (1977)

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Well, I did see it and now I do not. :?
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Sortvind

Post by Sortvind »

S. Alden wrote:Well, I did see it and now I do not. :?
Haha, its not easy:D
Maybe i should just post url to that site in the future.
Since i have many of my macro work there, i as you said, it is no point in uploading it here. :D

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

S. Alden wrote:Well, I did see it and now I do not. :?
Ah, so I wasn't crazy! I thought I saw this same effect last night. I actually went so far as to rewrite my post, and then when I checked again it worked fine, so I put the post back to pretty much what it had been.

It looks like deviantart treats non-members a bit randomly. On the main pages, sometimes it lets you right in, sometimes it demands that you click through an advertisement. On the .jpg, sometimes it works and sometimes it says "Forbidden".

This is the first time I have noticed such behavior. I tried asking deviantart's FAQ about "forbidden", but it doesn't say anything.

Sortvind, I'm afraid that you are not going to be able to pull images directly off deviantart into the forum.

--Rik