Hello fellow microscopists

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Walter Piorkowski

Hello fellow microscopists

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

I am delighted to have found this forum as I have been enjoying the use of microscopes for over 30 years. Friends that have enjoyed this hobby with me have moved away, passed on or are getting too old to be active. You all appear to take as much delight in this endeavor as they did so I welcome your company.

I guess I have to consider myself shy as this is the first forum that I have joined. Bear with me as I get used to the medium.

I have made my investment in the old Nikon S series microscopes and have fixed up several old units. I have over the years aquired accessories for them and made attachements to provide EPI illumination. brightfield, oblique, phase contrast, differential interference (reflected and transmitted light), darkfield, polarization, and phase fluoresence.

I also have recently purchased an old friends Leitz Ortholux microscope and have just finished restoring an old Baush and Lomb research metallograph for inverted EPI.

I look forward to sharing experiences, problems and photes with you all.

Walt

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well Walt, you have come to the right place and welcome to our community. :D Thirty years of microscopy experience will be quite welcome here and from the looks of things you have been a very busy person. We have a very friendly and great group of microscopist with a great deal of experience here, so I am sure you will have plenty to share and to discuss. Again welcome to the community Walt, glad to have you here. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.