Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Ken Ramos wrote:Sue asked:
Hey, Ken..well, um..want to go look for a cougar
Naw, I traded mine in years ago for a pick-up! :lol: We have Mountain Lions or Cougars, or what ever you want to call them, around here. Not to long ago some livestock were killed by one. The biggest thing now is the Red Wolves. They re-introduced them back into the mountains here. At one time NC was their natural home until man killed them off. Cyotes are beginning to be a problem here though. :?
That is not what I had in mind. I need bait :lol: :lol:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue wrote:
That is not what I had in mind. I need bait
Well..er..cats like fish...so uh... get a bucket of minnows. Yeah, that's it, a bucket of minnows. :D Whew.......! :roll:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

wtrfall

Post by wtrfall »

The biggest thing now is the Red Wolves. They re-introduced them back into the mountains here. At one time NC was their natural home until man killed them off. Cyotes are beginning to be a problem here though. :?[/quote]

How long ago were they re-introduced?

:shock: I didnt know that. wolves in NC?
I'll be! :)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

They, the Red Wolves, were re-introduced about three years ago if I am not mistaken and Elk were re-introduced about five years ago. Cyotes just walked across the bridge of the Mississippi I think. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

For info about East Coast coyotes, see http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... oyote.html.

Coyotes get along just fine with humans and their pets. They're especially fond of cats and small dogs... :D

I'm writing this from a sparsely populated area of eastern Washington State. Around here, coyotes are just a rather pleasant part of the scenery, and they pretty much keep to themselves as long as the small pets don't run loose.

Actually the badgers have been more obvious lately -- they keep invading the outskirts of town in search of better hunting grounds. Not a problem, though, unless you foolishly try to corner one. "Don't badger the badgers", say the safety notices.

--Rik

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Interesting bit of info there Rik. I never knew that the coyote had been around out here that long. We are just beginning to see them in our area. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

wtrfall

Post by wtrfall »

you know wiley coyote :wink:
sneaky,crafty things

the native americans called them the wise old man or something like that.

Washington that is on my lists of to go see.
some day :cry:

my son in law wants to move there. he has relatives.
and my uncle/cousins live there too.

and I heard there is bigfoot ther 8) e too

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

wtrfall wrote:you know wiley coyote :wink:
sneaky,crafty things - I have a stuffed wiley coyete riding around in the cab of my truck :lol:

the native americans called them the wise old man or something like that. - The Ancient Ones

Washington that is on my lists of to go see.
some day :cry: - I went, could not find a place to park, so I came home

my son in law wants to move there. he has relatives.
and my uncle/cousins live there too. - Probably why I could not find a parking space :lol:

and I heard there is bigfoot ther 8) e too- With so many people taking up all the parking spaces in DC, if bigfoot was there, you would never notice him :shock:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome