Valentine's Day at the Zoo

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Valentine's Day at the Zoo

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

As part of a publicity program, today our Zoo gave several of their animals Valentine's Day meals, including their big Galapagos Tortoises. They didn't lure any tv reporters out like they'd hoped, but they did get me there for the tortoises! A big Valentine's Day buffet was provided for their dining pleasure, including big Valentines made (I'm told, I didn't taste to be sure) from dog food!

I was over in the herpetarium calmly photographing snakes, when the staff encouraged me to come to the building where the turtles are kept (they're too large for the herpetarium) and see and photograph it for myself....

Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Oh boy! Dog food on a bed of greens, my favorite! :o These are some great shots Mike. One day I am going to have to get off my behind and take a trip to the zoo in Ashboro, N.C. (where ever that is at :? ) Anyway quite an interesting post here, they look to be enjoying themselves. Were you invited to dine also? :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

I went to the zoo in Ashboro, it is quite a good one. Worth your time to go.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Great images and story. Wished I could have seen it. I was in Philly yesterday and wanted to go to the zoo, but with the major storm hitting us...well, I got home as fast as I could.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome