Just popping in to say hello!

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Particle_Man

Just popping in to say hello!

Post by Particle_Man »

Hi!

Just stumbled onto this forum by a friend on another forum, and since I quite like close-up photography (not really there yet when it comes to Macro...at least I think so).

Since I'm new...I'm bringing gifts in form of a photo taken today (July 31st) with my Dimage A200.

Enjoy!

Comments and critiscism is always welcome (as long as it's constructive critiscismthat is).

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

That looks pretty close to me! Is it a beefly of some sort?

Is your name because of working with accelerators, perhaps?
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Particle_Man

Post by Particle_Man »

According to some other fellow photographers, this is supposed to be a "Yellow jacket wasp".

Very docile little thing that sported more or less no challenge.

Regarding my name, I wish I could tell you that I was working on particle accelerators.

Alas, my name is merely from a song title :oops:

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Howdy :D and welcome. Just moved this to this forum instead. Fine shot, but it is definitely a fly :D :wink: I would say a Syrphid of some sort, a bee mimic. Excellent shot and its a pleasure to have you here. Feel free to post away in the right forum. Welcome anytime. The guidelines are for images at 640 pixels on the longest side. :wink:

All the best and very nice shot IMO.

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hi ya Partical Man! :D From the looks of that image you've come to the right place to post. That's great :D

As Danny mentioned the image is a little out of the guidelines but not to worry. Images can be no larger than 640 pixels on the longest side, file size no more than 150kb, and no more than two posts in 24hrs. in each forum catagory. If you have any questions or problems feel free to ask, we'll be happy to help. :D Welcome Aboard Particle Man glad to have ya here! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Particle_Man

Post by Particle_Man »

nzmacro wrote:Howdy :D and welcome. Just moved this to this forum instead. Fine shot, but it is definitely a fly :D :wink: I would say a Syrphid of some sort, a bee mimic. Excellent shot and its a pleasure to have you here. Feel free to post away in the right forum. Welcome anytime. The guidelines are for images at 640 pixels on the longest side. :wink:

All the best and very nice shot IMO.

Danny.
Yeah, I noticed when I returned today to see if I had any replies that I had somehow managed to stumble into the wrong forum...shame on me!

Thank you all for the welcome!